Once reserved for mystics and seers, the tarot is one of the best tools for boosting your creativity and shifting your imagination into high gear. Famous authors such as John Steinbeck and Stephen King have used the tarot deck to tap into deep wells of inspiration, and you can enliven your own writing the same way—whether you craft short stories, novels, poetry, nonfiction, or even business proposals.
This book on reading tarot cards and applying them to your writing will guide you through each stage of the creative process, from fleshing out a premise to promoting a finished work. Enhance your storytelling technique through over 500 enjoyable writing prompts, exploratory games for groups and individuals, tarot journaling, and other idea-stimulating activities that call upon the archetypal imagery and multi-layered symbolism in the tarot. Infuse flair and originality into your work as you learn to:
• Interpret symbols, myths, and learn to read all seventy-eight cards in the tarot card deck
• Use classic tarot layouts and spreads to structure your story
• Brainstorm story ideas and develop dialogue and plot
• Create detailed settings, powerful scenes, and dynamic characters
• Overcome writer’s block and breathe new life into existing projects
As a writer, you hold the power of creation in your hands. By exploring the tarot and incorporating it into your writing practice, you will set your creative potential soaring to new heights.